Montes Alpha "M", 2017, 750ML

$480.00 $550.00
SKU: 800047
Sub region: Colchagua
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot
Rating: James Suckling 96

The vineyards in the Apalta area of in the Colchagua Valley. The soils are of granitic origin and they vary in clay content.
The grapes were collected at the coolest time of the day. Bunches were selected before destemming. The grapes were then moved to stainless steel tanks located on the highest storey of the winery, uncrushed, to then fall into the tanks below and be crushed by their own weight, freeing the juice and avoiding crushing the seeds. Followed by cold maceration 9ºC. Next, selected yeasts were added and fermentation took place at 28ºC for 10 days. Post-fermentation maceration lasted for no more than 10 days, and the malolactic fermentation took takes place under these conditions.

Barrel Ageing: 80% of the components for this wine have been aged for 18 months in new French oak barrels; the remaining 20% remained in barrels of second or third use for the same period of time

Cabernet Sauvignon 80%, Cabernet Franc 10%, Merlot 5%, and Petit Verdot 5%.