Clos des Lunes Lune d'Argent, 2019, 750ML

HK$130.00
SKU: 681411
Sub region: AC Bordeaux
Variety: Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
Rating: Vinous 92+

Starting in 2011 Olivier Bernard founded Clos de Lune, a new project with the goal to produce some of the finest dry white wines, from vineyards located in Sauternes, one of the most reputable land for sweet wines.

With the Domaine de Chevalier team, Bernard is currently farming 65 hectares of vineyards located between Chateau D’Yquem and Chateau Guiraud. The vines have around 35 years of age planted in 3 terroirs, the Sauternes terroir composed of deep gravel with underground springs, and the Bommes terroir, composed of gravelly soils on clay-limestone subsoil, and the terroir of Barsac with alluvial deposis from the Garonne river.

Semillon dominates the production with 70% of the vineyard plantings, while Sauvignon Blanc represents the rest 30%.

The estate produces 3 wines (Lune D’Or, Lune D’Argent and Lune Blanche).

Lune D'Argent

The grapes are hand picked at the peak of ripeness and pressed slowly with the whole cluster and without maceration.

Then the wine is left to settle naturally by gravity at low temperature. 75% of the must is fermented in 50HL thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks, and 25% in French oak barrels.

The wine ages for 6-7 months on the fine lees, with regular stirring.

The 2019 is a blend of 70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon Blanc